Monday, July 16, 2012

Fat Guy's Burger Bar



 When you go someone where new, it's hard to imagine what it will be like and for me, the 'what kind of food do they have?' thought always pops into my head. This weekend I was lucky enough to visit the great city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I know, I know.  Not really the normal tourist destination, but honestly it was a fairly nice city. They have tons of outdoor trails and bike paths along the river and they have their fair share of cute little hot spots. They also have a pretty downtown with their baseball park of right in the center of it. Bordering the edge of the baseball park is this burger joint called Fat Guy's Burger Bar. Okay, so let me just say that it was not a super healthy place, but it sure was delicious! The interesting thing about this place was all the sauces they had for their french fries. Some of the choices were chipotle ketchup, strawberry ketchup, and parmesan peppercorn. They had a ton of toppings to choose from and a great selection of local craft beer.

I opted for a cheeseburger with lettuce, pickles, caramelized onions, and grilled mushrooms. I was pleasantly surprised to find that instead of one giant patty, there were two very thin patties with the toppings in between the patties. It made a better burger because there was a more even burger to topping to bun ration. The best part was how melted the cheese was so everything melded together very nicely. The fries had a bit of seasoning on them and there were other flavors beside just salt. For my fry sauce, I chose a roasted garlic aioli. It had a great garlic flavor, but the garlic wasn't so overwhelming that you could taste it for hours afterwards. This was definitely was great burger place and it's probably better that it's not close to me as I would probably be there too often. However, if you are in the area, you should definitely check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment