Thursday, July 5, 2012

Breakfast Scones

It's always a treat when someone makes me baked goods because usually I am making them for others. One of my treats for going to visit my mom was that I got to have homemade blueberry chocolate chunk scones! They were so moist and filled with perfectly melted chocolate chunks. The chocolate had melted a bit on the outside, but still held its shape. The scone's texture wasn't so crumbly that when you bit into it, it all just fell apart which was fantastic. Eating scones that just crumble isn't very fun, but it's hard to find ones that hold their shape. It wasn't overly sweet and the burst of blueberry flavor was a perfect summer touch. The chocolate and blueberry complimented each other very well. The scone was served with a mixture of Bing and Rainer cherries, which are my absolute favorite! They not only have beautiful colors, but they are deliciously sweet. However, they are a bit on the expensive side, so I don't really buy them all that often. Though the price does seem to go down later in the summer. Bing cherries, however, are less expensive and are almost just as good. All I can say is that it was a somewhat healthy breakfast that filled me up and got me ready for the day. If only I could have homemade scones every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment