Friday, July 6, 2012

Adult Grilled Cheese


The small state of Delaware seems to pride itself on having small restaurants instead of chain restaurants. Though sometimes this can mean having a meal that isn't all that awesome, you can find some really great places to eat. This time the journey took us to Tyler Fitzgerald's Bar and Grille. I love grilled cheese and so it always peaks my interest when I see them on a menu somewhere. I thought why not try the "adult grilled cheese" because a) I like the name and b) I usually can't turn down a grilled cheese. I tried to be a little healthy and ordered mine with carrots and celery. The grilled cheese was served with a tomato soup that was fairly good, but it wasn't my favorite. I did like that there was some texture and that it didn't have an overwhelming tomato flavor. The grilled cheese itself had three or four different kinds of cheese it in with a nice crispy outside and a melted, gooey cheese center. The bread to cheese ratio was pretty good, so that it didn't feel like you were just eating bread. Overall, this was a decent version of my childhood favorite and I am glad that I gave it a try. If you are in the Wilmington area, be sure to stop by for some good food and if it's nice, sit outside on their large patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment