Friday, June 29, 2012

Buried Treasure











Dark chocolate seems to be a unique food item because it goes with some many different things and has a variety of flavors from sweet to bittersweet. It can be used in main courses and desserts, and no matter what you put it with I always seem to enjoy it. I don't usually like chocolate bars because they can be artificial tasting and somewhat boring. This one however, is none of the above. I was surprised to find that there were more little treats on the inside. First, I found raisins and I am a huge fan of chocolate covered raisins. The squishy texture of the raisin added depth and subtle fruitiness to the chocolate. After taking another bite, I was surprised to find I had bitten into a pecan. I can't think of another chocolate bar that has pecans in it, so that already sets this apart in my mind. The nuttiness of the pecan and its crunch factor paired well with the subtle raisin flavor in the background. I loved getting to have lots of flavors and textures in each bite, taking this chocolate bar from ordinary to extraordinary! Be sure to try this because it is a combination you don't want to miss. I could eat a chocolate bar like this any day. Let me know what other chocolate bars have really wowed you and unwrap a piece for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment