Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mai Tai Margarita

Yesterday I got the opportunity to visit one of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurants, Chuy's. I am a big fan of margaritas and was really excited that they had a new one for summer. A Mai Tai margarita, which basically means a pineapple margarita. I wanted to try it because I don't believe I have ever had a Mai Tai, so this was my chance to have an old favorite as well. I was super excited when I saw the bright yellow paper umbrella because most places don't use those anymore. They are so fun and festive, how could I not get excited when I saw it?! It was a really pretty pale pink color and it was topped with a cherry. I was pleasantly surprised after tasting it that it was not overly sweet and there was just a hint of pineapple. Pineapple is something that I really need to be in the mood for because sometimes it can be overwhelming. This is the perfect summer twist on a classic, so make sure you stop by and toast to the first day of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment