Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grains on the Go


Being in the workplace has put me on somewhat of a different meal schedule. I eat breakfast an hour or two earlier than I used to, which naturally means that I am eating lunch earlier. This would be fine except that I find myself needing a snack in the afternoon because it's no where near dinner time. I wanted something healthy and filling, however, I didn't have anything like that. I took a short walk in the scorching heat to see what Marshalls had. I was surprised when I found some granola amid their gourmet food section. It was just what I was looking for! I chose a 'Not Sweet Vanilla Granola', and was surprised that it was very aptly named. There was no artificial sweetness to it, but there was a hint of vanilla flavor that mimicked a sweet flavor. The interesting thing about this granola was that it's made with fruits and not assorted fats and oils. It was a bit weird at first that it wasn't sweet, but it was definitely filling and I didn't feel about guilt about eating it! This is something that I have tucked away in my desk for occasions like today. Try it if you get a chance and know that you will make your tummy very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment