Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tidbits about Technology

Today I learned how behind I am in the world of gaming and television technology. I got a Wii about two years ago and had a television where all you did was plug in the colored cords to the corresponding colored plug. Red to red, yellow to yellow, and white to white. Pretty simple right? Well apparently not if you upgrade to a television with HDMI. After buying an HDMI cable and finding that it didn't fit, I was told that you actually need an HDMI component cord for the Wii. A far cry from the HDMI cable and adapter that no one uses. And it's a little more complicated because there are now four colors: red, white, green, and blue to work with. So to save all the Wii users out there some money and time, make sure that you buy this kind of cord. If you have any other tidbits of technology advice, feel free to post them so that maybe I don't fall so behind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment