Monday, June 18, 2012

Brownie Challenge

Ready to bake
Over my few years, I have found that finding the perfect thank you gift can be very challenging. However, I don't think that I have ever had someone turn down any sort of food item. I was in need of a thank you gift recently and immediately thought that I would do a baked good. In this case, there was an extra challenge because I couldn't use dairy products. Well, most dessert items have some kind of dairy in it, so nothing came to mind immediately. What I did think about though, were some unique chocolate chips I had seen at the grocery store. They happen to be dairy, soy, and nut free. Just what I needed, but what about the other ingredients?


A quick internet search didn't really turn up much in the way of dessert ideas. There were plenty of main dishes and sides to browse. Then I stumbled on this recipe on Food.com for brownies. Now how do you make brownies with no dairy? Substitute in applesauce and these chocolate chips and you are good to go. They are very easy to make. Wet ingredients, dry ingredients, make a well and mix the two together, fold in chocolate chips, and bake. I sprinkled some extra chocolate chips on top for decoration and because you can never eat enough chocolate.

Hot and fresh from the oven



Though I wasn't able to try them, they seemed to be moist and full of chocolate goodness, with the smell of chocolate lingering and tempting me to try a sample. However, I managed to resist and they brownies made it in one piece to my friend. Even though, I don't have specific dietary requirements, I believe that I will make them again to try them for myself. These brownies taught me not to be afraid of dietary requirements and that healthier options can be achieved just as well. Let me know if you have any great recipes to for specific diets or if you are looking for suggestions! I love a challenge and am sure we can find you something delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment