Friday, June 15, 2012

Who needs the dentist?

I am a fan of at home beauty treatments because you can personalize them, they are fun to do, and easy on the wallet. One of the things that I am always looking at is teeth whitening options. There are mouthwashes, toothpastes, strips, and trays. It seems like every time I walk down the aisle, I am a little bit overwhelmed and at a loss for how to pick. I have tried my fair share of the products, but I have only really found one "at home remedy" that works. You know what the best part is?! It's not even on the aisle. It is at home in your pantry. I was browsing Pinterest and found this fantastic suggestion for whitening your teeth from The Budget Diet.

Mix together a small amount of toothpaste, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and a 1/2 teaspoon of water. Brush with it for 2 minutes. Use once a week until you find your ideal shade of white and use once a month after that for upkeep. I can personally say that I tried it and it actually works! I know it sounds weird and it doesn't exactly taste super minty, but it's totally worth it. Let me know if you have any other home beauty treatments you love because I am always open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment