Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mango Tango

You may think that this is a regular mango, however, you would be surprised to find that it is actually an ataulfo mango. It is indigenous to Mexico and somewhat similar to a regular mango, but much smaller. They have the same inedible core with juicy yellow flesh, but it is definitely not super sweet. It is a bit on the acidic side actually, which is interesting. As you chew, it tastes like a mango, but the usual sweet aftertaste was not there. The thing I did like about this mango was that the flesh was not as stringy, so it didn't get stuck in my teeth. When I enjoyed my mango this morning, I also had raspberries and blackberries which helped to add sweetness and balance the acidity. Overall, it is a unique fruit that everyone should try. Take a chance and tango with a new mango!

No comments:

Post a Comment