Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Cheese Day!


Happy National Cheese Day! In case you didn't know today is cheese day, so fortunately it's actually not just another Monday. I am a huge fan of most cheeses (minus Swiss and any cheese with mold purposefully put into it, not really my thing). I love that it is so versatile and can immediately add a hint of saltiness to any dish. The fact that it is a healthy snack and seems to be the perfect "go to" when you are having people over is also a plus. For me more importantly, it is an essential ingredient in one of my childhood favorites. The grilled cheese. But then again I have honestly not met someone who doesn't like grilled cheese, so it seems to be a hit with everyone. So tonight make sure that you eat some cheese in honor of cheese day and in celebration of this not being just another Monday!

*Bonus fact: It is also national frozen yogurt, cognac, and applesauce cake day, so you can feel free to celebrate those as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment