Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream... For Ice Cream!




After a hard day at work and the intense Houston heat, the best way to escape is with a scoop of cool and decadent ice cream... especially chocolate since it is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! I am probably some kind of anomaly in that I really don't like plain chocolate ice cream. However, if you throw in some caramel, nuts, or strawberries then count me in. Usually, I will end up picking a vanilla based ice cream, but on occasion I will have the urge for chocolate. So do I choose? Simple, Rocky Road. The combination is everything you want with crunchy, salty nuts and smooth ribbons of marshmallow running through the ice cream. Sometimes as a bonus there will be extra chocolate chunks thrown in. My favorite is the Haagen Dazs version because it isn't overly sweet and there is a good ratio between the ice cream and add ins. I have had my fair share of ice cream where you can't even tell that it's not just plain chocolate ice cream and that's just a let down. I would have to say that in the overall ice cream category, Haagen Dazs and the crazy flavors of Ben & Jerry's are usually the only ones I eat. Some might call me an ice cream snob, but if I am going to eat the calories, then I want it to be totally worth it!

Comment with you favorite chocolate flavor or other favorite ice cream flavor or brand. I am always up for trying new flavors because you never know what you'll get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment