Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sipping and Dipping

I will be the first to admit that I am not a wine expert. I am new to the wine world and realize how much I don't know about wine. Most of the time I walk into the store and decide whether I want sweet or dry, and after that it's all about the labels. I know some might scoff at that way to make decisions, but I have discovered some great wines this way. My latest find was a cabernet sauvignon from Two Vines via World Market. This was a very light red that had a wonderfully fruity finish with very light tannins. I can honestly say that I very much enjoyed this wine, which is something that I don't believe I have ever said before. Even if you don't like red wines, I highly recommend giving this wine a try. You never know, you may be very pleasantly surprised like I was. Besides, it was around $10 so there is no reason not to try it!

The other great thing about trying this wine was that I got to break out these yummy new crackers I received. Rosemary and raisin crackers from Trader Joe's. They sound like an odd combination and I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to be a really wonderful symphony of flavors. The earthy spice of the rosemary and the sweetness of the raisins took the crackers from ordinary to extraordinary. I didn't have any, but some herbed cheese might pair well with the crackers when you are entertaining. This isn't your run of the mill cracker. They have life, flavor and are sure to be a hit.

Let me know what wine gems you have found and what makes them so unique. Also, if you have any great suggestions of what to serve with your wine or any fun snacks you have tried, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment