Wednesday, June 27, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my boyfriend's favorite type of cookie. However, I am not really a white chocolate fan, so I tend to stay away from recipes that use white chocolate. I couldn't say no though, so of course I immediately grabbed the mixing bowl to begin. Since I don't make them often, I haven't quite found a "go to" recipe yet. What did I do? I once again turned to my favorite website, Pinterest, to find a recipe. One of the things that I do when looking at a recipe is to compare ingredients in my head. I don't really know what a typical white chocolate macadamia nut consists, of so it was a little hard this time. I know what a basic cookie recipe has in it, so I figured why not. If you want the full recipe from Brown Eyed Baker, you can find it on my Pinterest board.

This was a simple recipe, where you mix the wet and then dry, slowly combine the two and fold in the toppings. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet, bake, and cool! The thing about these cookies are that you have to take them out when they still look slightly doughy in the center. They cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, so if you bake them until they look fully cooked, then you will overbake them. This recipe made about two and a half dozen cookies, but that depends on what size you prefer. This time I opted for a larger size so that they wouldn't be as fragile when I ship them. I did't want him to receive a box of cookie crumbs. Even though they aren't my fav, I couldn't send them without verifying that they were acceptable, so I gave one a try. I have to admit that they weren't that bad and so hopefully he will think they are fantastic. If you like white chocolate, then this is a really good recipe. Give it a try and indulge in one of these yummy cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment