Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's Tuesday, So Raise Your Glass!

It's Tuesday, so why not celebrate? Time to pop the cork and enjoy a great glass of vino. I am a fan of white wine, but I am trying to be more open to red wines. I decided to try a red and a white wine this time. I have not had a Chateau Ste Michelle wine, so I picked up a bottle of sauvignon blanc to try.  It was a bit acidic and earthy, with a slightly fruity note. It was very clean and bright...perfect for a summer's nights. This was a great buy for under $10. I also got to try a merlot from Bay Bridge. This merlot was surprisingly mellow, had light tannins, and a great cherry flavor. It was a bit easier for me to drink than some other red wines, so that was a nice surprise. These were two great wines, so be sure to try them out. You don't need to have a specific reason to celebrate, so cheers to Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment