Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Super Simple Seafood Supper

I am a little bit picky about my seafood, mainly just because I don't like when it tastes fishy, so I don't usually tend to cook it at home. However, I was ready for something different. During one of my recent visits to Pinterest, I found this recipe for spicy shrimp on Cooking Melangery. It is simple and fresh and takes about 5 minutes to make.
The ingredients you need are shrimp, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, white wine, and salt and pepper. The directions are pretty easy. Saute the garlic and red pepper in the olive oil. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp turn opaque and begin to curl. That's it...seriously. I don't know how you could not want to make this. This is definitely a keeper recipe! The shrimp had a nice spice to them from the red pepper and soaked up the cooking broth, so they were moist and delicious.
I got some rather delicious garlic basil pasta from Trader Joe's that I served the shrimp with. I paired it with some homemade garlic bread and a salad. It was a super healthy and fresh dinner that took less time to make than it did to eat. Now that's what I call a simple supper that is easy to entertain with. You can find the full recipe at http://www.melangery.com/2012/01/shrimp-with-garlic-and-parsley-best.html or on my Pinterest board. Try and see for yourself how simple and yummy it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment