Monday, August 13, 2012

Crock Pot Chili

I have a crock pot, but don't really use it all that often because I don't have that many recipes. I found this recipe for chicken taco chili on Pinterest. It's super simple and really yummy. The best part about crock pot recipes is that you put in all the ingredients and then just let it cook away. Plus, it starts to release all these delicious aromas and makes me feel really cozy. The recipe is available on my Pinterest board, but here's what you need to know.



 Ingredients:
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
1 bag of frozen corn
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (I used no salt added tomatoes)
1 16 oz. can of tomato sauce
3 boneless chicken breasts, frozen
1 tbsp chili powder
Either 1 packet taco seasoning or spices to taste (cumin, oregano, salt, pepper)

Directions:
Put all ingredients into the crock pot and cook for 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low. Once it's done, shred the chicken and mix in. Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, lettuce, tortilla strips or guacamole.

Dig in and enjoy! Try it out and let me know what you think. If you have any great crock pot recipes, post them so I check try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment