Friday, August 31, 2012

First Time Roast

I have never made a roast before, but I figured in the crock pot would be a great place to start. I love how simple and easy crock pots are and how they make your house smell amazingly delicious! Really anyone can use a crock pot because you throw together the ingredients and turn it on...not too much cooking involved. I found this recipe on Pinterest from crock pot pot roast and gave it a try. You can find the full recipe on my Pinterest board or on crepesofwrath.com. This is a simple but homey dish and just makes you feel good.

First you make the broth, put in half the cut up veggies, place the roast on top, layer the rest of the veggies on the roast. The key is to make sure that the roast is in the broth so that it stays moist. Turn it on for 8 to 10 hours. This recipe calls for 2 to 3 stems of fresh rosemary and I used 3. I would cut it back to 2 because the rosemary flavor was very prominent. It had a great flavor and at the end of the cooking time, the meat literally fell apart. It was packed with flavor and would be perfect for a cold fall evening. As a first attempt at cooking a roast, I think it turned out pretty well. So when the air begins to get a bit nippy be sure to try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment