Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hip Poppin'

I am always looking for healthier snacks that don't taste like cardboard. A friend told me about these one day when we were in Central Market, so I decided that it was time to try them. What is a popchip you may ask? It is a chip made by popping, rather than being baked or fried. These come in a ton of different different flavors like plain, sour cream and onion, and barbecue. I decided to try the sour cream and onion because I haven't had flavored chips in a very long time and this was one of my favorite flavors. When I took one out of the bag I was surprised at how big it was. It was light, airy, super crunchy, and packed with flavor! It tasted a little bit like popcorn and a little like a potato chip, which was somewhat confusing for my taste buds. It had such a unique texture, but the sour cream and onion flavor sure packed a punch and it didn't feel like you were eating something healthy. I am so glad that I tried these because I am pretty sure that they will be a staple in my pantry. I can't wait to try all the flavors...and the tortilla chips. Make sure that you pick up a bag the next time you are on the chip aisle in the grocery store. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment