Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ice Cream Cellars

Wines these days are becoming more unique with more flavored wines than every before. I always try to browse the wine section to stay abreast of what's new since I feel like I am always out of the loop. I was flipping through The Fresh Market flyer and was stopped when I saw a picture of what I thought was an ice cream cone...turns out it was actually a wine bottle! This was a French Vanilla wine from Ice Cream Cellars. After reading this, I figured that it could either be pretty good or really terrible but it was definitely something I needed to try. Who doesn't want to say that they have had ice cream wine?! This wines comes it at $12 so it's definitely worth a try. So what does ice cream wine taste like....like a cup of melted ice cream. It's comparable to the cake or whipped cream flavored vodkas. I was surprised by the fact that it was sweet, but not grotesquely sweet. Clearly this is a dessert wine, but it's not overwhelming. They also have a raspberry ripple flavor that I will be trying out as well. This is a fun wine that would make a unique addition to a gift basket or a new hostess present. The holidays are here so you always need to have a bottle of wine on hand to serve or give away and this is a great one to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment