Friday, November 1, 2013

Apple Chardonnay Sausage

I enjoy chicken sausage but don't eat it that much because of the high sodium content. As I was browsing through the store, I decided to check out what was available since I haven't had sausage for a while. Sometimes the Cajun style ones are too spicy for me, so this one caught my eye. It was an Apple Chardonnay chicken sausage from Bilinski's. I have never had anything like this before and was intrigued. I had no idea what it would taste like, but decided to give it a try as these sausage are gluten, wheat and preservative free. They are already cooked so all you need to do is brown them in a pan. There are large chunks of apple in the sausage and the Chardonnay flavor was definitely recognizable in the background. It was a much different sausage than what I have had before with a very distinctive flavor. The sausage didn't have the rubbery casing that you had to chew through which was nice. I honestly don't know what I thought about the sausage, but they did also have some other very tempting varieties. Throw some peppers and onions in a pan with these all natural chicken sausage and you have yourself a great meal. I think that these sausage might also be interesting with some maple syrup for breakfast. Next time you are at the store, be sure to pick up a pack is these tasty sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment