Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Wall Decor

I don't have much on my walls and I had an extra canvas so I decided to spruce up my walls and make some festive holiday artwork. The canvas I had was 8 x 8 and I wanted to do something that reflected the one thing I miss most about the winter time here...snow! I painted the canvas a light blue color and used a stencil to trace a larger letter to make them stand out. I free handed the rest of the words, "Let It Snow". I added some snowflakes in the extra space and then for a bit of sparkle glued some blue and clear rhinestones. I can't say that I can the best at free handing things, but I guess it's okay for things to look less than perfect. This took less than an hour to make and if you don't like it, you can always repaint it and start again (before you add the rhinestones of course). So let your creativity run wild and see what you end up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment