Monday, November 4, 2013

Chocolate Peppermint Loaf

Now is the time that I get to go from everything pumpkin to a mix of pumpkin and peppermint (though not together) before going full out peppermint. While perusing the aisles of Trader Joe's, I found this magical box...chocolate peppermint loaf (and yes you could smell the peppermint through the box!) One of my favorite flavor combinations, chocolate and peppermint is the epitome of all things Christmas. So even though I was collecting ingredients to make pumpkin bread, I was also going to snag a box of this to try and boy was I sure glad I did! The bread turned out to be fudgey and pepperminty without it being too overwhelming... and it didn't hurt that it smelled amazing while it was baking! This decadent loaf would be a great winter dessert or get together snack.
If you know how to mix, then you can put this together in flash. First you need to do is mix together water and eggs.  Then add in the dry ingredient mixture and the chocolate peppermint chunks. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. It will be hard to resist this loaf as it cools, but it will be worth the wait. Be sure to grab this treat before it's gone so that you can get a head start on enjoying the holidays... there are only 7 more Saturdays before Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment