Thursday, November 21, 2013

DIY: Glitter Candles

Candles are a great way to dress up your home decor whether or not you actually burn them. For me, nothing says the holidays like some sparkle and shine and so glitter candles are perfect. These are a great gift that are simple to make and are easy to personalize. You can be as creative or fancy as you want with these. You can use them in your table centerpiece or as a favor for your guests. No matter what you do with them, I promise they will make your holidays a little more festive and bright.

Supplies:
Modge Podge
Sponge brush
Candles, any size, shape or color
Glitter*
Paper plate

I used a small white candle about 4 inches high and a red candle about 10 inches tall.

*I used green extra fine glitter and then regular silver glitter. You can use any size glitter that you want.

Modge Podge dries pretty quickly so you will want to do this in smaller sections. I decided to start with the white candle and green glitter. I wanted a simple glitter band at the bottom, so in small sections I Modge Podged the bottom and sprinkled glitter over each section. I did this all the way around the bottom.
I wanted to do a striped candle, but realized that I needed painter's tape which I unfortunately didn't have. However, I was lucky because this red candle came with a label wrapped around the middle, so I decided to do two silver stripes at the top and bottom and use the label as my painter's tape. I put these two candles with a wine bottle holding some festive and fun holiday floral sprays. If you are willing to get a little bit dirty with the glitter, then these will definitely be for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment