Saturday, November 30, 2013

DD Does Red Velvet

Up until recently, Dunkin' Donuts was not available in my area but luckily for me they decided to move down South. I finally got a chance to stop in for a cup of coffee, as I heard it was a fierce competitor to Starbucks. I thought I was going to get away with just the coffee, but to no avail. While I saw standing in line, I saw that they had a red velvet donut. I haven't had red velvet anything for a long time and decided to give it a try. The thing about red velvet is that if it is done right, there is a subtle difference between red velvet and chocolate. Otherwise, it's just chocolate with red food coloring which is not all that awesome. This donut was topped with a cream cheese drizzle, though the last little drizzle didn't want to stick. Fortunately for me this happened to be a cake donut (my favorite) and it had a fair amount of glaze. The The cream cheese frosting wasn't all that delicious and the donut teetered on the edge of just being red chocolate donut. Though I wasn't blown away by the donut it was definitely worth a shot and now I can say I have tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment