Sunday, November 10, 2013

DIY: Christmas Pillows

Decorative pillows are pretty expensive and for some reason I can never find the ones that are on sale. I wanted so festive Christmas pillows for my couch, but quickly realized that I had very expensive taste. I remember seeing a DIY for creating pillow covers so I headed over to Hobby Lobby.
The two pillows I was covering were 18" x 18", so I bought 1 1/2 yards per pillow. However, I really needed two yards per pillow but I made it work. Place your pillow in the middle of the fabric. Bring the bottom sides up to meet, just like you are wrapping a package.
Fold the ends in to create two points. If you have enough fabric, then you can either knot the fabric or pin it together. Since I was a bit short I chose to pin it together. I used a silver reindeer pin that I found at Hobby Lobby to bring it all together. This is a simple and relatively inexpensive way to switch up your couch pillows without spending a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment