Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Headband

I love headbands and I feel like I will never get tired of wearing them. I saw this ribbon in Hobby Lobby and realized that I didn't have a red plaid headband. So of course, I decided that I needed to make one. Headbands can be as simple or ornate as you want them to be, but with this one I was going for a simple somewhat flat bow. All you need is a plain, basic headband, ribbon and a hot glue gun for this DIY project. When you are determining what base to use for your headband, choose something that blends because you don't want it to stand out too much.
This is a super simple bow to make and you can use it one tons of different things. You will need a plain headband, ribbon and hot glue gun. You will need to cut three different lengths of ribbon. You can be super precise and use a ruler to measure out the ribbon or you can eyeball it like I did. Take the longest piece and glue the two ends together to form a circle.
 In the middle of the circle, put a dot of hot glue and squeeze the two sides together. Take the second longest piece of ribbon and repeat the process. Make a circle and glue the ends together, then glue the middle. Take the smaller loop and glue it on top of the bigger one.
With the smallest piece of ribbon, wrap it around the two loops and hot glue the two ends together. Make sure you glue the ends together on the underside. Flip it over and you have your bow! Hot glue the bow to the headband and you have a fabulous new Christmas bow headband. You can make these bows for all kinds of craft projects and packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment