Friday, May 11, 2012

Wait, Come Back Food Truck!


Bernie's Burger Bus
One day I was driving along and was surprised to see a yellow bus parked on the side of the street. What caught my attention even more was the fact that it was actually a food truck, which have begun to revolutionize the industry and how people eat on the go. I admit I was not very keen on eating something that came out of a kitchen on wheels. Sadly, traffic started moving again and I didn't catch the name of this truck. However, I kept randomly seeing the bus and decided that it needed to go on my "places to try" list. Though, it seemed like it was evading me because we were never at the same place at the same time.

As I was driving down the freeway last year, I passed a parking lot full of people and what I saw to be food trucks. I later learned that this was a food truck festival, but unfortunately I missed this wonderful event. I made myself a promise that I would not miss out this year! What is this event? It is Houston's Haute Wheels Food Truck Festival.

I am so excited to be going this weekend and my tummy is already crying out for something new and delicious. I am a food truck newbie, so this will be the perfect opportunity for me to try them all out at once. These trucks serve every kind of food from barbeque to pizza to French cuisine and then of course desserts, including waffles. I cannot wait to finally try Bernie's Burger Bus and everyone else participating. This is a foodie event not to be missed!

For more information and to buy your tickets, visit www.hautewheelshouston.com. The website will also give you an in depth list of all the food trucks that will be participating. So head on over and join me as I sample my way through the day. If you get a chance to visit, make sure to post your must haves and check back for my favorites and the ones you need to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment