Sunday, May 6, 2012

To G-oatmeal

The sounds of sizzling bacon or the smell of waffles cooking is something I look forward to. I love breakfast foods, but don't have time to make a really huge spread during the week and cooking for one always leave tons of leftovers. Leftovers aren't bad, but those from breakfast don't really keep well. The one thing I love about oatmeal is how full it keeps me and how versatile it is. You can be really healthy with fruit or nut toppings or be wild and use chocolate chips or brown sugar. The individual packages you buy in the store tend to have lots of sugar or the fruit that's supposed to be there really isn't, so I usually tend to stay away from those. Since most days, I don't have time to let to oatmeal cool down, I needed something that I could grab and go. 

Oatmeal Muffins topped with chocolate chips and raisins

During one of my Pinterest sessions, I found this great recipe and decided to give it a try. It's from sugarfreemom.com, so it was healthy and I had most of the ingredients on hand. I decided to give them a try and they turned out great! The only thing I found was that they stuck to the muffin papers, so I would spray them with some cooking spray before you fill them. Also, make sure that you submerge the toppings into the batter, so that they bake into the muffin, instead of just sitting on top like mine did. But don't worry that little snafu definitely won't keep me from eating them.

If you would like the recipe, visit sugarfreemom.com. Try them out and let me know how you made them and what your favorite toppings are. Here's to having a great breakfast even when you are on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment