Monday, May 21, 2012

Teeing Up

Family Golf Park in Cypress, TX


Way back in the day, I used to play a lot of miniature golf and became pretty good at it. I, however, never actually held a club or hit a real golf ball until this weekend. It has become more and more popular with my friends, so I finally caved and decided to give it a shot. After getting a quick lesson of holding and hitting a ball in the front yard, we headed to the driving range. I have never been to a driving range before so I had no idea what to expect. The Family Golf Park in Cypress was nice and since we went at dusk, we were graced with the presence of some deer. My pseudo golf instructor did his best to teach me how to make contact with the ball, but I am sure he quickly realized that golf does not come naturally to me. The beginning was a little rocky with some swings and misses, but towards the end I was making contact pretty consistently. Let's just say the ball was going in no particular direction and not very far, but at least it was getting off the green. I am no natural, but I think to be fair to myself I will try it again. So stay tuned to see how the next session goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment