Monday, May 7, 2012

Boston, Baseball, and Baked Beans

On this trip, I was fortunate enough to be able to visit some of the most historic places in our country's history. Beantown, otherwise known as Boston, is a town full of history and charm with surprises tucked around every corner.  Though they are credited for creating the infamous Boston Baked Beans, it was actually the Indians who discovered this delectable treat. I was surprised to learn that very few places even serve this dish anymore, but for me it is still an important part of summer picnics and barbeques. Nowadays seafood, especially clam chowder and lobster, is the mainstay of the food business in my opinion. No matter where you went, every place seemed to have "clam chowda", as the locals call it, on the menu. I am somewhat particular about my seafood, but I do have to admit after a visit to Legal Seafood, I became an immediate fan. Also, having never tried lobster before, I figured that this was the place to do it and boy am I glad I did! Nothing beats the fresh, sweet, buttery, melt in your mouth taste that is lobster.


The Lone Red Seat



As beautiful as the waterfront is, no trip to Boston is complete without a visit to Fenway Park and the Green Monster. Made famous because of the green walls and the Curse of the Bambino, this baseball park shouldn't be missed. The preserved wood seats and giant press box manage to blend the old with the new. The tour is great and offers many stories, like how the Green Monster came to be and why there is a seemingly random red seat in the ballpark. I'll let the tourguides finishing telling these stories, though. So grab your Red Sox and head on over to this bustling city where history comes alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment