Sunday, May 13, 2012

Have a Sweet Mother's Day!



In honor of today, I wanted to whip up something sweet. The summer is already here and the heat doesn't make me want to turn on the oven. So what to make is the question. I decided on a simple variation of the no bake cookie. They are super easy and these nuggets of deliciousness are the perfect thing to satisfy any sweet tooth. They take no time to make and best of all they can be in whatever shape you want. I choose to make mine into balls. Mine made 12 little balls, so you can adjust the proportions as necessary.

No Bake Cookies:


1/4 peanut butter
1/4 cup raisins
1/8 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt


Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips in a blender. Roll into balls or cookies and press in chocolate chips. Pop in the frig to firm. Enjoy!

*Recipe notes: I don't have a food processor, so I have to sub a blender. It didn't work as well, and the dough needed to be scraped from the sides, but it got mixed all the same. The only difference would be the smoother texture that you would get from using a food processor. Also, I put my chocolate chips in before blending which probably didn't make the blender's job easier. If you prefer the whole chip, then you can mix everything together. 

This recipe can work with any mix-ins, like nuts or cranberries, so try them and let me know what you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment