Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer

This time of year means sunny days, visits to the pool, cookouts, and entertaining galore. Though I do have to admit that I miss the summer days when I got to wonder the streets of Rome, taking in all the sights and history, and of course sampling the local cuisine. The one interesting thing that caught my eye was the simple table decor, usually a single flower in a vase or a candle. What I found was life in Italy is simple, but pure... food, wine, friends, and family. Too often I don't stop to take the time to appreciate the little things in life. A great wine is one of those little appreciations. This great wine came from the grocery store and was very pleasing to the palate with an even nicer price. It was crisp and clean, pairing nicely with spicy pasta and veggies.



I found this great craft idea of beaded votive holders, which would be perfect with any summer tablescape and reminded me of the late night, outside summer suppers. I can't wait to try these out to see how the beads play with the light. They were really simple to make, which was an added bonus. Really all you do is thread beads on wire and hot glue the strand to the votive, add a candle, and you are all set. What more could you ask for when you need last minute decor. So, uncork the wine and light the candles because this is the perfect start to summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment