Friday, March 1, 2013

No More Humdrum Hummus

Hummus is a versatile food that I can't seem to get enough of. Plus these days, there seem to be many different versions which makes it even more tempting. I am not sure where HEB came up with all these different ones, but I am totally digging the white bean hummus. It is topped with roasted red peppers and pesto, adding more depth of flavor. The white bean base creates a slight different taste to the hummus, but I must say that this could potentially be better than the regular one. I know, I know...how can you beat regular hummus? It's somewhat hard to explain because the difference is pretty subtle. All I can say is give it a try and see what you think. If you are looking to mix it up even more, than substitute a spoonful of hummus for your salad dressing on your salad. All you have to do it mix and eat. The best part is that it won't make your lettuce soggy. So instead of reaching for the chips, grab some hummus and cucumbers for a healthier snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment