Monday, March 25, 2013

Saturday Brunch at Backstreet Cafe

Every time I get to go to brunch I get really excited. There is something magical about the breakfast and lunch combinations that are on the menu. This brunch visit took my friend and me to Backstreet Cafe. Tucked away this quaint little has a shaded private patio that is a perfect way to enjoy a Saturday morning. After enjoying the mini muffins, scones, and an Italian mimosa, it was time to get to the main meal. Luckily for me, my friend let me taste hers so I got my little bit of sweet and a little bit of savory. She ordered the stuffed french toast with bananas, maple syrup, and a caramel sauce. There was just a touch of crunch on the outside and the bananas maintained their texture, so it wasn't just a melted blob. The caramel sauce added a interesting twist to the maple syrup. The bread was able to hold all the delicious filling without getting soggy.

I ordered the migas. This was a scrambled egg mixture with tortillas chips, peppers, black beans, bacon, a toasted tortilla and some salsa. This is a fun dish because you can mix it all together, eat it all separately, or make your own little tacos. I did a little bit of all those options. This way I got to try everything on it's own and then together. The salsa was spicy and fresh. I was surprised at how yummy the tortilla was. It was toasted so there is just a hint of crispiness to it. The eggs were some of the best I have had in a while. They were well seasoned and fluffy. The tortillas chips weren't at all soggy and the veggies in the eggs added some textural differences. I would definitely recommend this as a fun brunch place. But be sure to make a reservation as it gets pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment