Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sugar Donut Muffins

I had to admit that I love donuts, but tend to stay as far away as possible because they are really quite bad for you. However, when I saw this recipe for a donut muffin, I definitely needed to try it. This is a super simple recipe, but it only makes about 10 regular muffins. The recipe is super simple and the best part was I had everything on hand. Like usual, you beat the butter and sugar together and separately mix together all the dry ingredients. Then you add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar until mixed. Add in the liquids and you are ready to pop them in the oven. They cook at 350 for about 15-18 minutes. Usually my oven, takes about 5 minutes less than the suggested cook time, but this time it was exactly 15 minutes. Once you pull them out of the oven, you brush them with a bit of butter and roll in sugar. You can roll the whole thing or just the tops. I opted for sugaring just the tops an in half of them added a dash of cinnamon to the sugar. They are a dense muffin that doesn't crumble. I would say it has a very close consistency to a cake donut and was a perfect morning pick me up! I will definitely be making these again as they are fun and something different then just a regular muffin, so be sure to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment