Sunday, March 3, 2013

Avalon Diner

There's something special about going for breakfast on a Saturday morning. I think it may be the fact that time seems to slow down and you get to enjoy a wonderful meal with good company before the start of a hectic day. For me, I don't get to do that very often so it makes even more special when I do get a chance to go get breakfast. I heard about a place called Avalon Diner and decided to give it a try. It is a step back in time with the traditional diner stools and wood paneled walls. You do seat yourself, so just be prepared to wait a bit. I ordered an egg white omelet with onions, peppers, and mushrooms, topped with a salsa. It was served with fruit and an English muffin. I'm not sure how they toasted it, but the English muffin was perfectly toasted. The omelet was huge and the salsa give it a kick of flavor. This wasn't the absolute best omelet I have had, but it was fun to try somewhere new and enjoy a beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment