Friday, March 15, 2013

Homemade Chile Rellenos

The first time I had chile rellenos, it didn't exactly go so well. It was so spicy that I couldn't actually taste the dish. Lucky for me, I had someone who made me the very authentic, homemade version of the dish. The funny thing was that it was completely different then the Tex-Mex version. The poblano pepper was not deep fried, but instead wrapped in an egg coating, which reminded me of an omelet. The filling was meat and veggies, instead of massive amounts of cheese. The other thing was that the rice that it was served with. Instead of the Mexican rice, this was a light and fluffy buttered rice. This experience was much more enjoyable than my first one, as I could actually taste the food. I would definitely eat this again! I think the most surprising things was how light and relatively healthy this meal was. Usually after eating Tex-Mex, I feel so guilty and full that life slows down for a bit. I can say I didn't feel overly stuffed and uncomfortable, which was really nice. I am so grateful that I was able to try the authentic version of chile rellenos because it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment