Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Golden Grill

I think that grilled cheese will always be one of my favorite foods. It was one of my all time favorite meals growing up and there is something about how content a grilled cheese makes me feel. When I was looking at the participants in Haute Wheels Houston Food Truck Festival, I can't begin to describe my excitement when I found out there was a grilled cheese food truck! Of course it was on my list of trucks not to miss at the festival. So after waiting in a very, very long line it was my turn to order. I decided to go for a turkey, American cheese, and pickled onion grilled cheese. I know it seems simple, but sometimes those things are the best. Plus, I have never had pickled onions before, so I was trying something new at the same time. Once you order, you have to wait and that is that hardest part when you see everyone else's sandwiches. Alas, my name was called it is was my turn to bite into my grilled cheese. It was toasty on the outside and melty on the inside, They cheese held everything together and the onions added a nice crunch. Though I didn't actually taste the buffalo chicken grilled cheese, it looked delicious. If you are in any way a fan of grilled cheese, this is a food truck you don't want to miss. I know that I will be on the hunt for it so that I can try the s'more dessert grilled cheese! 

No comments:

Post a Comment