Monday, March 11, 2013

The Queen Vic Pub and Kitchen

I guess you could say that I am getting more adventurous in my food choices because one day I found myself craving Indian food. However, I really mean Indian fusion food because I want to know what I am eating. Anyways, I found a friend who was willing to be adventurous with me and so we headed over to The Queen Vic Pub and Kitchen. This is a gastro pub that brings together the British and Indian food. They have a very unique cocktail menu and many different beer and wine choices. But then again if they didn't then, it probably wouldn't be a pub. We started off with some veggie samosas and chicken wings, however, the wings didn't last long enough for a photo. The samosas had nice chunks of veggies in a lightly fried wrapper. It was served with a roasted tomato chutney, which was fresh and delicious. The chicken wings were unlike anything I had tasted before. The seasoning combination was smoky and earthy and the wings had a nice crunch to them.
I tried the chicken curry which was served with naan, basmati rice, and a traditional yogurt drink. The curry wasn't too spicy and the potato added a nice texture to it. The rice was flavorful and light and was super yummy when mixed with the curry. The naan is a cross between a pita bread and tortilla, but can hold the yumminess of the curry. The yogurt drink was fresh and helped cut the smokiness of the curry. The chicken curry was warm and homey, definitely a very filling meal. I know that this isn't traditional Indian food, but it is a great way to experience the Indian cuisine. So step out of your comfort zone and give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed! I can't wait to go back see what other hidden surprises are on the menu and try out the traditional British tea tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment