Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hubcap Grill

Every once in a while you come across a place that really surprises you and I can certainly say that Hubcap Grill did that. After hearing all kinds of rave reviews about it, I was skeptical that it might not live up to all the hype. However, I was proven wrong. Hubcap Grill is laid back casual burger joint that doesn't serve your average burgers and fries. Served on red plastic trays and eaten at a picnic table, this place is all about the food. The burger menu has a Cheeto burger, one with bacon, bananas, and peanut butter, and a Greek burger. I decided to try the Greek burger which had lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, an olive mixture on it, and a Greek dressing. Even though it was a burger with toppings on it, they weren't too heavy and the bun was able to hold all the yumminess together. The fries are just as out there as the burgers, but I went for the Texas fries, which had chili, cheese, hot sauce and crispy onions on them. They were almost a meal unto themselves. Usually chili on fries makes them really soggy and gross, but these fries luckily didn't turn into a complete disaster. The onions added a nice textural element to the fries and the hot sauce was just a little extra kick of flavor. Hubcap Grill is a great dive to enjoy a delicious burger and fries. Thank you to everyone who kept telling me to go try it out. I am certainly glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment