Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bravo Brio

For me there is something comforting about Italian food, but due to the somewhat unhealthy nature of pasta I try not to eat it too often. Brio is an authentic Italian restaurant and this was a special occasion, so I made an exception and went for broke. It started with a sampling of bruschetta that included steak, roasted red pepper, caprese, and antipasta options. The crunch of the toasted bread added a necessary textural element, but each one was yummy.
For my entree, I went for a Mediterranean pasta dish. It had sun dried tomato, mushrooms, spinach, Feta cheese, caramelized onions and pine nuts in a light sauce. The onions added a touch of sweetness, the pine nuts added a bit of crunch, and the other ingredients made the dish multidimensional. The dish wasn't heavy which made it easier to not feel super guilty after eating it.
Of course, I had to end this special dish with dessert. Since tiramisu is one of my favorites, I try to order it in order to compare. I am still on the hunt for the most delicious tiramisu, but I have a few that top the list. This one wasn't my favorite because it was a bit on the heavy side and super rich, but it was fairly decent. Brio is a great place for a special dinner and great food. If you haven't stopped by, be sure to do so soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment