Thursday, January 17, 2013

Michael's Pizza


Going to Chicago and not having a deep dish pizza is like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower...it's just something you don't do. So it was a given that that was on the list of things to eat before I left. Once you find a great restaurant, sometimes it's hard to branch out, but after visiting Michael's Pizza I am fairly certain I would not have much motivation to find some where else. Though it wasn't the birthplace of the deep dish pizza, it was pretty legit. (I think just for comparison's sake, next time I visit I might try it out though.) We opted for the simple pleasures of a stuffed cheese pizza. No, this was not a stuffed crust pizza. Stuffed means there was just cheese galore. I am not sure what I was expecting to come out of the kitchen, but what I saw was a masterpiece. At first, it just looked like sauce and crust, but don't let that fool you. Underneath the top layer of sauce was ooey gooey cheesiness. I am not usually a sauce or crust person, but there was a nice ratio of sauce to the cheese. The crust was crispy and quite necessary to hold all the toppings, but wasn't too bready. It was definitely very filling and one piece was more than enough for me (and it was not a small piece either.) Deep dish pizza is definitely the way to go, but unfortunately for me I will have to wait to get my fill until the next time I visit (Definitely motivation to schedule another trip soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment