Sunday, January 27, 2013

Monkey Bay

There is something exciting about trying a new wine. You never know what to expect because every wine is slightly different even if it is made from the same grape. The climate and region affects the wine, so you may like the varietal from France for example, but not from Napa. I like it because it's like opening a present and usually I am pleasantly surprised. I found this Sauvginon Blanc from New Zealand called Monkey Bay. This wine was crisp and bright with a hint of pineapple. It is a great wine now that the weather is unfortunately starting to get a bit warmer. (That's Texas for you...) The suggested food pairing was chicken and seafood, but I had it with some ground turkey and it was delicious. This is definitely one I will buy again. It was refreshing on the palate and under $10, so what's not to love about a great wine at an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment