Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sightseeing in Chicago

When you live in a city, you don't usually do the sightseeing thing, but since I was visiting I wanted to do some of the touristy things. One of the first things we did was go to the John Hancock Observatory. This building boasts the fastest elevator in North America, getting you to the 94th floor in a mere 40 seconds. With breathtaking views over The Magnificent Mile, you can experience Chicago from a unique perspective. The audio tour is informative and entertaining. One of the things that was highlighted was Navy Pier, which will be on my list to visit when I go back in the warmer months so I can enjoy the rides and outdoor restaurants. Art is huge in Chicago and Millennium Park is home to one of the most famous Chicago landmarks...The Cloud Gate. Most commonly referred to as the Bean, it was installed in 2004 and is a must see when you visit Chicago. It's a perfect place for some fun photos too! Apparently, Millennium Park is also home to these very odd LED face fountains, but sine it was winter the fountains weren't on. I was honestly a little creeped out, but it's art so anything goes. Whether it's shopping on The Magnificent Mile, visiting museums, or just walking around, you never know what you will find, but I can promise there is something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment