Saturday, January 19, 2013

Horizon Cafe

During my short and sweet stay in Chicago, we managed to squeeze in a breakfast outing to Horizon Cafe. It was just a place where you felt at home. I love breakfast even though it is a constant struggle and seriously one of the hardest decisions I make, especially when I go out to eat. When I make breakfast at home, it's usually eggs and fruit. However, when I go out I have to decide between sweet and savory (a very tough choice). But sometimes you just need something simple and yummy. I used to eat cinnamon raisin toast all the time when I was little, so I decided to go old school and order a past time favorite. This cinnamon french toast was filling and there was plenty of it! The plump raisins and tender, but not soggy bread was the perfect blend of textures. I am not one of those people who drowns everything in syrup, but a light drizzle added just a touch of sweetness. Horizon Cafe is the go to breakfast for my Texans in Chicago, so it was fun to see their hangouts. This is a hopping place on the weekends and it was great to just sit around and enjoy a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment