Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Avocado Hummus

Hummus is one of my favorite snacks and there are some really good varieties out there - roasted garlic, red pepper, and Mediterranean Olive. I was really surprised when I saw avocado hummus. What is it you ask? Come to find out it is basically half chickpeas and half avocado. I love avocados and hummus, so I figured why not give it a try. At least then I can say I tried it. Here's the verdict... I wasn't entirely sure what to expect and at first I was a bit skeptical. It seemed a bit bland and you couldn't really taste the avocado. After I mixed it and it sat overnight, the flavors seemed to blend a bit more and the avocado was more prevalent. Honestly, I am still not entirely sure how to feel about it, but sometimes you just need to take a risk and give it a try. So if you are feeling up to a challenge, give it a go and then come back and let me know what you thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment