Friday, November 30, 2012

Trader Joe's Goes Greek

As much as I try to stay on schedule, there are mornings when I am running late or don't feel like making something, so I need something quick. What's my go to? Trader Joe's Greek yogurt. I have had other brands of Greek yogurt, but the Trader Joe's version seems to have more choices in the flavor department. The consistency is a bit thicker, creamier, and not as runny. It also seems that on a calorie comparison basis you get to eat more of the Greek yogurt than in the regular yogurt. Though I am not a medical professional (nor am I offering medical advice), I have heard that it is better for you than regular yogurt. I have never seen it in flavors other than some kind of fruit, plain, or with honey. I decided that I would give some of them and try. I ended up with blueberry, honey, pumpkin, and apricot mango. The honey was light and not overly sweet, with just a subtle honey note. (The traditional way is to eat it with honey.) The blueberry had real fruit in it and the pumpkin had a surprise spice flavor to it, with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. The apricot mango (was sadly not nonfat) also had fruit pieces and it definitely had a richer texture. The great thing about all these is that they don't taste at all artificial and make a great snack as well. So on your next trip to Trader Joe's make sure that you pick up some of their delicious Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment