Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blue FIn Chardonnay


Trader Joe's has yet to disappoint me...which only happens when they are out of something. While perusing the store, I walked through the wine and beer section. I was really surprised to see that they had quite the selection of half bottles of wine. Usually stores don't carry them because they aren't all that popular and they aren't the big money makers in the store. Personally, I like them because then I don't have to worry about the wine going bad once I open it because I can drink it in time and I also get to try more. It is also helpful if for some reason you purchase something that isn't your favorite because then you don't have to waste a whole bottle. Trader Joe's doesn't carry any of the main stream wine brands you see in other stores, but they are super cheap and actually pretty good. Granted, these are probably not the wines you should be buying for a wine connoisseur or for a fancy dinner party, but they are great everyday wines. I chose the Blue Fin Chardonnay and it was surprisingly good. There was a hint of acidity with herbal, citrus notes. It was a light wine that had a good finish. For $5, you should try it... there's not really a downside because you aren't throwing away tons of money and if you don't like it there's only about two glasses in the bottle. Take a walk on the wild side and pick up a bottle next time you are at Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment