Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Roots Juice

Growing up, I remember a time when meeting and hanging out with friends at Starbucks was the cool thing to do. Then all of a sudden Jamba Juice became really popular and that was the new hangout. However, soon I no longer had a favorite out of the two and instead made my decision between juice and coffee based on how I was feeling. When my friend told me about this great juice bar she knew of, I figured that it was worth a trip. We have been talking about it for a while, but finally made the trip to Roots Juice. This juice bar, which also offers smoothies, uses only fresh, local, and organic ingredients in their beverages. Be warned that these are not the traditional strawberry-banana type smoothies, but they are delicious. I tried the "Tangled Up in Blue", which was blueberries, bananas, dates, and almond milk. It had that fresh fruit sweetness to it, but there was also a bit of tartness. I have never had a date before (and though it wasn't the same thing as eating a date by itself), I found it to be pretty delicious. In conjunction with the juice bar, there is also an cute little cafe. We just went for smoothies, but while we were waiting they brought out a sample of their Bollywood pizza. It was absolutely delicious! It had spicy pepperoni, pineapple, onions, and a fantastic curry sauce. All I know is that I will be going back to try some more juices and food, so you should stop by and check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment